Thursday, September 4, 2008

Laser Eye Surgery!


Have you ever watched it done or had it done to you? WOW! its amazing. A few years back my nephew was having it done and he ask me to go with him because he would need someone to drive him home after the surgery. I was excited about going. We got in the out patient clinic and they called him back to get ready. They said I could go with him and watch if I like. Well, I was excited and willing to go hold his hand and watch this done. First they put a few drops of narcotic in his eye to numb it. He would be awake while it was done. Then they programed the machine, the dept they wanted for his correction needed. The machine then did the surgery, it was like cutting a pie in slices around his pupil. The slices were done on the iris of the eye. Then they bandaged his eye up so no sun light could get to it. and sent him home. He was having the other eye done a few weeks later. I tell you this was amazing watching this done. My nephew has had both eyes done and
its been several years now. He can see very well and don't have to wear glasses or contacts anymore. I highly recommend this surgery. I haven't had to have this done but I have seen great results from it.

No comments: