Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My First Auto


My First Automobile, well I should say, the first Automobile I bought for myself, by myself. Was a 2005 Ford Mustang! I had been thinking about buying a new car for a few months and started looking online. I was off work on Saturdays, so I decided to go car shopping. I asked my son to go with me. We had stopped and looked at several dealers in Muskogee and test drove a few cars. We then drove to the Ford Dealer Car lot. They had a lot of Mustangs and that was what I wanted to buy. I fell in love with this car the first time I saw it. I wasn’t thinking of buying a convertible, but when I saw this one, wow, that was the car I wanted. I drove it and liked everything about it, the look, feel, and smell! I liked the deal they made me on the price and bought it. It took a little while to get all the paperwork done before I could drive it home. . My very first, beautiful 2005 white Ford Mustang Convertible, with a black soft top. V6 Automatic, 2 door, keyless entry, black cloth interior, bucket seats. Loaded with power windows, mirrors, cruise control, steering and brakes, aluminum/alloy wheels. Stereo with CD player. It had everything I wanted in a car and more.

My late husband had always been the one to buy our cars since we were married many years ago. He had worked in an Auto Garage as a machanic, since he got out of High School and new automobiles very well. He drove a 1955 green Chevy with white leather interior when I met him back in High School. After High School we got married and bought a 1962 white Chevy pickup with a camper, for a second vehicle. We liked going to the lake and camping. After our daughter and son were born, he bought a 1963 blue Dodge for me to drive. We had sold the 55 Chevy. I remember this Dodge being automatic with push buttons to change the gears. I drove the Dodge until reverse went out, so we sold it. Then he bought a blue 1966 Mercury, Comet. It didn’t have air conditioning and I drove with the windows down in the hot summer time. It was a nice car, but without air conditioning we didn’t keep it very long. Then in 1982 he bought a new Chevy, Monty Carlo for my birthday. The color was Cream and Champagne a very pretty car. I loved that car and drove it several years. My daughter and son learn to drive using the Monty Carlo. Both of them used it to take their drivers license test. We sold it later after the kids were grown and bought a 1985 Red Nissan pickup. In 1989 bought a blue and silver Ford pickup. Then in 1995 we thought we needed a Ford Van. We liked to take weekend trips and had 3 grandchildren by then. So a Van was nice to have. Much later we drove a 1998 Silver Dodge pickup and 2001 Silver Toyota, Ecco. Thinking back now, I guess we changed cars about every 4 years. Over the past years I learned a lot about Cars and a little about buying and selling them by watching and listening!

A few weeks after I bought my new Ford Mustang, I decided to take a weekend trip in my new car. Early Saturday morning I packed an overnight bag and started out toward Memphis, Tennessee. I had been driving over an hour and realized I forgot to tell my kids I was going out of town for the weekend. So I called my daughter to tell her. She scolded me a little for leaving town without telling her or her brother first. This was something I had to get used to doing now that I was a Widow and lived alone. I am such an independent person and old habits are hard to break. When my husband was living and we were going to go out of town for trips, he was the one that called the kids and let them know our plans. Now it’s up to me, so when I decide to go, I call my kids and tell them first.

I took many fun trips after that and joined the Mustang Club. It was fun Cruising down route 66, in my Ford Mustang with the top down, with all the other Mustangs. I was proud and it felt good to own my Mustang! Years later I sold the Mustang. I still miss it!

Automobiles play a big part in our everyday lives. Most of us need them to get from one place to another. We use them for work and play. I have been driving so many years. I don’t know what I would do without a Automobile! Owning my own Car gives me freedom to go, where I want and when I want. I don’t have to depend on someone else for transportation.

trm copywrite 2012

No comments: