Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Empty Heart


We married so young in our teens
High School sweethearts
Had a daughter a son and later three grandchildren
Our love grew strong and stronger as the thirty eight years passed
shared everything and loved being together
We were truely best friends lovers and soulmates
One day Illness came and slowly pulled you down
Doctors knowledge spoken depression followed
Lung cancer consumed nodes bones brain
Radiation burned and weakened body
No chemo to prolong were your wishes
You suffered bearing pain each day to have one more
Tears left behind the last breath
Your spirit gone long before you left my arms
Tears and tears I have cried
Gone cold holding you next to me
Nothing left but my empty heart

trm copywrite 2011
(in loving memory for Bob)

No comments: