Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bed time Ritual!


We had just returned from our evening walk. My head felt heavy as I opened the front door. My tired aching body just wanted to crawl in bed and never get up again. Maybe stay there for the rest of my life. But I knew in the back of my mind, I would be doing this all over again tomorrow!
I knew that I had something to do first. I went through the motions like I was in a trance. Filling one bowl with water and putting her favorite ‘Cesar canine crusine with beef in meaty juices’ in the other. After doing this twice a day for the past three years; I could do it in my sleep.
I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, then stepped in the shower. The hot water soothed my body as it slowly relaxed. After five or ten minutes I stepped out and dried off. Put on my pajamas and climbed in bed. I pulled the covers over me as I lay my head down on the pillow. She was finishing the Cesar crusine in her bowl. Then she came and curled up on the bed beside me. The bed felt warm and just soft enough for my body to totally relax, we both drifted off to sleep.
trm copyright 2011

No comments: