Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mother-Daughter Love!

Mother, you are more stubborn then I!

You know me better than anyone.

Yet, you still say I should not go to this Party.

We have known Mary for years,

And she can be trusted, as I can!

Sure there will be boys there,

and what is a Party without boy friends.

You were young once and know how I feel.

You have met John and voiced you like him.

We have been dating seven months now.

I feel you trust both of us and still don’t understand

why you don’t want me to go to this Party.

Have you heard something is going to happen?

And you don’t approve? If you have tell me!

You know I don’t do what everyone else does. I follow no one.

I am adventurous and have done my best to stay out of trouble.

I do know right from wrong! You have taught me that!

You worry too much, and you don’t need too!

I love and respect you and do everything to make you proud!

Mom, I know family is very important! But friends are also important!

Sometimes one can be closer to a friend than a family member.

Mom, isn’t two nights a week enough for family time?

With my job and school nights, that is all I can spare right now.

I need a Party Night out to relax once in a while.

To put on a pretty party dress and hills.

To let my hair down, laugh and dance, with friends.

Oh, I knew you would understand Mom!

That is only one of the reasons, I love you!

You know Mom; one day when you’re gone it will be my friends

there holding my hand as I say my good byes!

And Mom, I do hope that will be a long, long time from now!





SWE, Sunday Writing Essentials April 22, 2012

Dramatic Monologue/ Simile

trm copywrite 2012

No comments: